Tuesday, September 10, 2013

email to Mom 9/9/13

Hey there!

Lamar enjoyed temple square for sure. I think she leaves in November? I do have to buy new tires anyway because these ones are already getting worn out. I've only been using it for like 4 months. Darn Wal-Mart bikes. I also have to get another part on my bike fixed before it breaks all the way. I don't know how much it will cost, but won’t get it fixed till next week. I don't know how much is on my chemical bank card, but hopefully it won't be too expensive. Yes Elder Tritapoe has a bike. We were walking like all week because I didn't get my tire fixed until Friday. This week the phone fell out of my pocket when we were sitting down in someone’s house. We were like half way across the stake when I realized it and had to walk ALL the way back to the house we were at before. It was a waste of time for sure. Then the same thing happened again last night. We had to back track to like three different houses before we found it. Tell Grandma to get better--none of this sick stuff!

That is awesome you get to go to General Conference! Is this the first time for you guys? We request the one that we want to go to and a back up if we don't get that one, but sometimes you don't get either of those. I'll just request the Sunday ones. Hopefully I don't see you guys. I love you, but that would be too difficult and distracting. Ha-ha mom you don't have to call the mission president and tell him your coming. I hope you guys have a wonderful time. Our stake conference is this coming up weekend. Well actually it's like a regional conference, so multiple stakes. They chose some of the stakes from the region to go to the conference center on Sunday. Boyd K. Packard is presiding. We aren't allowed to go to it though. I wish we could. Are you going to see Jenny while your here?

On Thursday we planned to go by 5517 Baliff Drive. We came to the house and I recognized that it was the Smith's. They are active members and are getting ready to move to Michigan on Saturday. She is originally from Michigan. Her parents live near the temple. We couldn't remember why we had written them down. We figured we were already there so we should knock on the door. He invited us in. We asked if there was anything we could do for him. He told us he had wanted a priesthood blessing for the past week, but didn't want to ask for one. We gave him a blessing. It was an awesome experience. I defiantly believe we were guided by the Spirit there. 

This week was kind of a struggle with meeting with people. Java and Casey both work until really late and it is hard to catch them. 

I love you family. I'm glad you are all doing well. Enjoy your week.

Love, 

Elder Alpin

No comments:

Post a Comment