Monday, September 2, 2013

email to Dad 8/26/13

Hi Dad!

Keep me updated on details with Andrew. I'm not going to recognize you when I come home. You will be too skinny! I am so proud of you. I am trying to be better at not overeating/eating too much sugar. I'm trying to do it for my investigators who struggle with addiction so I can know what they are going through. Lamar is getting baptized Saturday. Just two weeks ago he was smoking 20 cigs a day and the past three days hasn't smoked at all! He is awesome. My district leader, Elder Smith, is diabetic. When we go over to their house for lunch he always makes a smoothie for everybody. It has spinach, banana, and milk, and some other frozen fruit too, but it is always so delicious and healthy. 
Speaking of flat tire syndrome.. I got another flat tire this week. I am trying to do it with a smile. 
Oh don't worry I haven't forgotten about your birthday! 
Love, Elder Alpin


Hi Son,
Not much to say, but I love you, miss you and think about you all the time!

Looks like Andrew is gettjng deployed in February, no details yet, with some training at the end of October.  Would really like to go see him around his birthday time. 

Better week, only couple of bad days with sugar levels, lost about 7-8 pounds so far and I have really changed my diet, sometimes easy and sometimes not...keep plugging away!  remember inch by inch life is a cinch, but yard by yard, life is hard.

Thanks for the pics last week, always love to see you and those you are working with.  I am so proud of you, I know how tough things can be...just don't spend too much time there.  remember the flat tire syndrome...when you get a flat tire on the road, some people get out all mad, yelling, and kick the tire, some walk around the car shaking their head trying to figure out what to do...then there are those who simply get out and change the tire and get back on the road.  Doing is important, doing it with a smile is fun!

Love,
Dad

P.s. Almost forgot...5 days until my birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment