Monday, May 26, 2014

5 May 2014

On May 5, 2014 1:14 PM, "Matthew Alpin" wrote:
Dear Mom & Dad,

I love to hear all about your missionary experiences. It makes me so happy! Mom there is no Moroni 11! How could you fall for that one!? That is funny. The spirit is always so strong at baptisms, without fail! 
We met with Cole and Codee on Friday. They had lots of questions about killing Laban and also Adam and Eve. It was hard for them to understand why God would give us contradicting commandments. We did our best to answer their questions, but I don't think it satisfied them. We told them we would go home and study it some more. So I've been studying about Adam and Eve for the past 5 days! I've learned so much too! You should study it. They unfortunately didn't come to church yesterday. The complaint of the week from everyone we talk to: the members are so judgmental. I am so tired of hearing that! 
My bike tire is currently flat... for the third time this week. I don't know what it is about me and bike tires! 
We had zone conference on Wednesday. I saw Elder Needs there and said hello. It was super good! They talked about the Atonement a lot. I'm amazed at Christ's patience and humility during the Atonement! I need to be more like him.
This week went by so fast. I can't even think of what happened. I feel like I just skyped with you guys not too long ago, but I'm excited to see you Sunday! It will be good. 
I feel kinda bad. I want to write more, but can't think of anything to say! If your on the computer talk to me.
Love you!
Elder Alpin

On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 11:24 AM, Jamie Alpin wrote:
Hey not only is there not moroni 11, but there is no D&C 138....or 12 step pamphlet! You know that killing Laban thing is really hard to understand.....especially when you first hear it. Sooooo are the members judgmental? I know the Elders who have family in UT, especially if they have pioneer history say they can be pretty uppity.  So what do you say? Is there some reference in the scriptures that can help you?
On May 5, 2014 2:04 PM, "Matthew wrote:
Something I have learned on my mission is that there is always two sides. Members can be judgmental, but it is all about whether you want to be offended or not. 
You explain it as it's written in the scriptures. Study it. I learned a lot about Nephi's experience killing Laban too. 

Thank you.  Good point...and your right about the offended thing....but feelings are sensitive things...and where people are in life. It takes a soft heart not to be offended. Love you

No comments:

Post a Comment