Monday, May 26, 2014

14 April 2014

Hey Dad!
Thanks for the long email. I enjoyed! It is always good to hear about your week.
Last Monday we were at Chick-fil-a. We started talking to the cashier and she was from Tennessee. I was like my companion is from Tennessee! Then they started talking. While we were eating at our table she started talking to us again. We asked her if she ever met with missionaries and if she wanted too. She said sure she would like to. It was cool. There are people all around us that we can share the gospel with. 
We just got a new ward mission leader in one of our wards. He and his wife just got back from a mission in Tennessee. They served near South Haven. He is awesome though. He was telling us of an experience they had with talking to a waitress at a restaurant. They asked her if she knew anything about the Mormon Church. She didn't and she accepted to meet with missionaries. There are chances to share the gospel all around. You don't have to be good friends with them to do it either. It just requires a little boldness. I'm working on being bolder. Elder Dean and I are going to try to find someone to teach when we go to Wal-Mart today. You guys should try it out!
It sounds like the missionaries there love you guys. They would love you even more if you found them someone to teach. https://mail.google.com/mail/e/softbank_ne_jp/338 
Thank you for the pictures of Andrew! I love them. It looks like he is doing good. 
I love the Bible! I have been reading it more and more. I'm learning so much! Romans chapter 5. I read that last night and today! Soo goood! I like in verses 3-4 it talks about how we glory in tribulation because with tribulation comes patience, then experience, and then hope. There are hidden treasures in the Bible! 
There is the Milton family. He is a less active member. She is not a member and has met with missionaries in the past. They have two kids, a 9 year old and 5 year old. Her nephew is 22 and he also lives there. The mom told us she wasn't interested but that her 9 year old daughter would like to learn more and get baptized. We asked the nephew if he would like to learn more too and he said sure. We taught them the Restoration. The spirit was soo strong! The nephew is at a point in his life where the gospel could bless his life so much and he is looking for something. The mom, even though she isn't super interested right now, felt the spirit for sure. It was great.
Sorry we can't attach pictures for some reason. 
This week went by so fast. I can't remember too much of anything. Just that I was really tired. 
I love you guys. Enjoy the rest of your week!


 Love Elder Alpin

No comments:

Post a Comment