Wednesday, August 14, 2013

email to Dad 7/29/13

Hello Dad!

It sounds like a great weekend! I'm glad you had a good time and were able to bear your testimony! That's good stuff. I was reading President Monson's talk from General Conference Priesthood session. He talked about teaching the truth with testimony. There were three things in particular he said to testify about: the God head, the Book of Mormon, and the Plan of Salvation. All great things! 
I have been learning a lot in the Book of Mormon this past week. Well I don't know if I've learned a lot, but I've been able to apply it to my life and had good AHA moments. I love those moments because it makes the scriptures special. I can't believe it is almost August! Crazy stuff. 
I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and has an eternal love for us, as does our Father. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. It brings treasures of knowledge. With so many pregnant people and deaths lately, I believe that we did live with God and can live with Him after this life as well. 

Love you!
Elder Alpin

Hello Son,
It has been an interesting week with work and family...Alison and Travis came to stay late Thursday and stayed until yesterday.  Grandma, Aunt Kim and David came to stay on Friday, we had a great visit and dinner, Mom made meat loaf, potatoes and green beans.  Saturday we went to the family outing, lots of people Imdid not know and lots I had not seen in 30-40 years.  Back on Sunday for a smallet get together and we had a memorial service for Grandpa...I think it is what Grandma was hoping for.  Bore my testimony of our Saviour and his love for us through his sacrifice which allows to return to Him.  Everyone told stories and shared their memories, learned some neat things.

Love 
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment