Tuesday, July 8, 2014

email & pictures July 7th, 2014

Dear Family,

Earlier last week I was feeling pretty down and hopeless. I began to pray. As I was praying the thought came to my mind to read the Book of Mormon. I grabbed my Book of Mormon and the thought came to my head to read Mosiah 3. It was so clear that was what I needed to read. I took some of the scripture out of context, but I read it and I knew that God heard me. In verse 4 really stuck out to me and also verse 12. I know that God answers prayers. It is because he loves us so much. After this I was no longer sad, but committed to go and work hard.

We had an amazing week. We were able to reach so many of our goals! So many miracles!  We met with Jesse on Tuesday. She said she can't wait to be baptized. We committed her to be baptized on July 19th. She is praying about it to see. She told us she also wants us to teach her 12 year old daughter so they can get baptized on the same day!

One of the relief society presidents called us earlier this week and told us of a couple that was moving in. We stopped by and helped them move in some stuff. The wife is active and the husband is not a member. He was going to start meeting with missionaries where they lived before but then they moved. He basically put himself on date to be baptized on the 26th of July. Then we met with him 4 days in a row. His name is Bob. He is about 60. We went to temple square with him on Saturday. It was kind of an awkward temple square lesson for some reason. 

The fourth of July was good. We went to a ward breakfast and two barbecues. One of them we went to was a neighborhood one and I saw a family from my last area in Kearns! Their friend just moved into our area so they came with them to the barbecue. It was so nice to catch up with them. We didn't watch any fireworks. We heard a ton of them though. 

I'm glad you had a good visit with Elder Law and his family.

I love Sister Christensen! She just got called as the Relief Society President in her ward. Yesterday was her first Sunday as it. She let us come and teach for 15 minutes in Relief Society. It was fun. She is too nice. Her oldest daughter would be the same age as me. She died in a car accident as well as Sister Christensen's mom and I think her dad died too. I think it was when she was a junior in high school?  So like 3 years maybe? 

I'm glad they reached out to Elder Kniffen. What city is he serving in? That is cool about Elder Grant's experience with the General Authority. I'll have to try that out. Transfers are on the 16th. Coming soon! Whenever we mention transfers to Sister Christensen she gets so sad.

I love you guys! Thank you for being so supportive. Ya'll are great. You are great missionaries too! Keep up the good work.

Love,

Elder Alpin


These pictures are from while ago. The first is when it was raining really hard we wore trash bags. Then the other one is from the temple and you can kind of see how my chin was scabbed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment