Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Emails Home July 14th, 2014

From: Matthew Alpin
Sent: 
Monday, July 14, 2014 1:18 PM
To: JAMIE ALPIN

Hola!

This week went by fast. It was good though. I feel like one of us will be transferred. I think me. My feelings about transfers always seem to be wrong though. Yes I will be able to go to Jesse's baptism. She isn't getting baptized on the 19th. We haven't been able to meet with her for two weeks because her dad has been having heart problems and has been in and out of the hospital. She did tell us about a really cool experience she had though. On Monday night at like 3 in the morning she couldn't sleep. So she started reading Joseph Smith history. When she got to the part where Joseph Smith was baptized she started crying. She said it was just so powerful. She is so ready to get baptized! I fasted for her dad and we've been praying for him a lot. Hopefully he gets well soon so she can continue to progress. Sorry about your work schedule that is kinda lame.

There is this lady named Julie. We talked to her about three weeks ago. She said she almost got baptized but was turned off by members of the church. So she wasn't interested in meeting with us. We waited about two weeks and came back to talk to her. We noticed that her yard needed some work so we offered some help. She said yes! So on Tuesday we went over with some people from the ward and dug up her dead grass. It was such a great opportunity for members of the ward to fellowship. She was so appreciative for our service. She said we could come back and teach her. So we are going back this Tuesday
Holy Cow grandpa is old! That sounds like it will be fun. 
I hope you guys have a wonderful week! You're great. Love you!

Email to Dad

Hey! Nothing much is up. Missionary work of course! It has been an awesome week this week. Yes transfers are Wednesday. I'm nervous! Don't remind me I only have 7 months. I've almost completed my sister mission! I'm glad to hear your tests came back well! Yay 2 pounds of fat is awesome! I got my old glasses fixed when I bought my new glasses. They fixed them for free. My new ones are kind of heavy and aren't the best to wear when I"m super sweaty all day. I am wearing them today though. Glad to hear things are going good! You are great!
Love you!

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment