Friday, June 20, 2014

Email From Matt June 16, 2014

Hello!

It sounds like you guys had a wonderful week! How long is Kailee staying for? I'm glad you were able to spend time with Alison. She's a pretty cool kid. I am so proud of Ryan too! What a good kid. My Father's Day was good. We got some delicious cookies from one of the wards because they had some left overs. One of our bishops had a baby last Tuesday. We stopped by on Saturday and got to see it. It was so small and cute! I'm so amazed that we can create people. It just boggles my mind that God trusts us enough to do that. I've been thinking about families a lot after that. I studied about families today during my studies. What really stuck out to me is how central the family is to the plan of salvation. We lived together as one big family with God in the premortal life. We are sent to Earth in families to learn, love, and prepare to return to live with God. After we die we can live as families in the presence of God. Without families we could not reach our full potential and experience the greatest amount of joy. God truly knows what he is doing having families, father and mother and children. It is so beautiful and delicious! 
We took Chris and Cynthia to temple square on Tuesday. We watched God's Plan for our Families with them. I love that movie. I almost cry every time. Chris started to cry. He truly wants to teach his children good and he knows that is it through the gospel of Jesus Christ that will happen. We are still waiting to hear back from the first presidency to see if he can get baptized. It won't be for a couple of weeks until we hear back. He hasn't found a job yet so I'm not sure how they are doing financially. 
Elder Dean and I went running on Thursday for workout! That is the first time I've ran in months! My thighs hurt for two days! I didn't think my thighs would be hurting because we bike so much. 
This week was a tough week. A lot of our appointments cancelled and it seemed like there was no one home! It was a little frustrating, but it happens.  
Yesterday evening we went to the stake center to use the bathroom. You'll never guess who was there! Jenny Oaks Baker! She is a violin player and Dallin H. Oaks' daughter. I have that one Disney CD of hers. Anyways there is a performance or something going on this week and they needed a place to practice. I didn't talk to her. I only heard her playing and saw the back of her head, but how cool is that?! 
Moses 7:26. I read that this week. It made me mad! Satan cannot win.
It was super hot this week. The past couples of days have cooled down though so it has been nice. It has been a couple of weeks since I've heard from Katie. Hopefully I'll get a letter today. 
Church was super good yesterday. I taught young men's. 
I have my ear appointment today. I am so excited! I hope they make it better. 
Sister Summer's grandson goes into the MTC Wednesday. He is going to the Detroit mission so he will be there in a couple of weeks. Maybe he will replace Elder Law. 
I hope you guys have a wonderful week. You are awesome. Keep up the great work! Love you much!

Elder Alpin



No comments:

Post a Comment