Saturday, June 28, 2014

Email & Picture from Matt on June 24. 2014

Hello!

So I went to Doctor Katz yesterday and I am all better. No surgery for me! The piece he pulled out was literally the size of a gummy bear. It was way bigger than when you did it. And it was all white. It turns out it isn't behind my ear drum and isn't going through the bone. Such a blessing! 

Oh yeah so I was on exchanges with Elder Hansen. Elder Hansen came out with me. He is a good elder. I think he is only 24 though. We were sitting outside the church building waiting for one of our investigators to show up and this guy pulled up and his truck and talked to us for like 15 minutes and then wanted to call ya'll. I'm glad you had a good chat. 

Sister Summers grandson went into the MTC last Wednesday. They stayed the night at her house before he left. It made me think about the night before I went into the MTC. Crazy to think about. He is the one that is going to the Detroit mission. Elder Kniffen is his name so keep an eye out for him!  

What ever you make for Elder Law and his parents will be perfect! 

We just got back from the Draper temple about an hour ago. It was so amazing. I think it was the first time I really received revelation in the temple! It was so awesome. 

We gave talks in church Sunday. We talked about family history and temple work. 

We had interviews with President Chambers this week. It was good. He asked me a couple of questions. Basically what do I want to become at the end of my mission. Then we set goals to get there. 

So on Saturday I was just biking a long. I was making the transition from the road to the sidewalk. There was a little puddle. My tire slid and I fell off my bike. Don't worry though. My chin caught the fall. Now I have a big scab on my chin. It could have been a lot worse. Thank goodness it wasn't! 

Have a wonderful week! 

Love Elder Alpin
Elder Alpin & Elder Dean at the Draper, Utah Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment