Wednesday, June 12, 2013

6/10/13 email to Dad

Hey! I memorized Doctrine and Covenants section 4 this past week. The deacons quorum in one of the wards read it every Sunday in class. They were going to memorize it and we said we would do it with them. And we did! It's a good section. I am glad your ward feels like home. I fell for the first time on my bike yesterday. We were coming down this big hill so I was going kinda fast. I went to turn to go into a driveway  I didn't brake fast enough and hit the curb. It was kind of funny. Earlier this week Elder Bennett crashed on his bike too.
Thank you for the letter. I enjoyed it.
Love Elder Alpin 


Hello Elder,

It has been an interesting week and it went by quickly, but I did have time to complete the D&C reading/listening.  Had several hours Friday morning while waiting for brakes to be put on the van and then finished on Saturday.  It was cool sitting in Sunday school yesterday and know the lesson because I had just listened to it and was able to remember much of it.  Started reading the Pearl of Great Price Sunday and should be able to finish quickly.  It was very comforting to be in our home ward yesterday for services since we have been in different locations in the past 5 weeks, it felt like home for the first time since we moved here. Turned in your picture for the Missionary plaque that was ordered...have not seen it yet.

I'm guessing that your legs are just getting accustomed to the bike riding and knowing that the temps have been hot, I can only imagine the sweat you are producing...a family curse for sure!

Remember that this time on your mission is usually the hardest and during those tough times that bring into question your purpose and maybe even some loneliness, just remember that it is the time to strengthen your relationship with your Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.  There will be times throughout your life to come that you will be grateful for the tough times and the things you learn that help you survive and grow.  READ D&C 122:7-8…This is a time to be strong, be obedient and work hard.  "my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good."

I love you Matthew with all my heart and pray for your safety and success as well as your happiness...be of good cheer and continue to share your smile with everyone!

Love, 

Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment