Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Email to Mom 4/15/13

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 12:36 PM, Matthew Alpin <matthew.alpin@myldsmail.net> wrote:
Hi.
Sounds like you have been super busy. That is wonderful! I'm sorry to hear your class didn't go as well as hoped for. That's ok though, it happens. The Restoration and apostasy are the best to teach about! I'm glad to hear about Ryan. He is a cool kid. I know it can be scary to invite people. They can't act unless they have an invitation. We rely so much on members here to invite non members and less active. If it wasn't for them we wouldn't be successful. It's the same there. They need your help! Your invitation is one of love. What is the worst that could happen? They say no?
Mom that is so awesome you are going to go out with the sister missionaries! Make sure you don't just sit there in a lesson. Also, remember not to take the lesson away from the missionaries though. Keep it BCS (Brief, Clear, Simple). Hey I'm reading in Alma 43. Alma 26:16. I like that. I gave a blessing this week to this lady that had the craziest name. I know I did not say it right. President Monson is so cool. 
Yesterday we had dinner at the Millers in the second ward. She was telling us about how they won't make their dog do anything they haven't tried. He has a shock collar and she was like I can make it up to ten. One day her 8 year old kids wanted to try it out. The son got up to a three and the daughter to a four. Then their friend was like hey I want to try. "Without even thinking to call his mother and ask her, I was like sure why not and cranked it up to a five." After the kid was shocked he was like I don't want to do that anymore. "I realized Oh crap I just shocked the neighbor kid"Oh my goodness I was crying I was laughing so hard! You would have to have been there.
We are teaching Crystal who is less active. She has struggled with a lot of addiction. Last time we met with her it was amazing! It is awesome to see the change from the first time we met till now. She said "I want it, I want it bad" She wants to make it to the temple and change. She has changed so much its awesome. She is so awesome the progress she has made. I have to go get a hair cut. 
Sister Bell is doing better. She is in rehab but came home the other day for a little while and is doing a lot better. Transfers went well. Elder weight and I are still companions. Woot. Woot. I did write grandpa a letter. I don't really remember what I wrote. It was kinda weird. The ink didn't come out of the suit. I threw the shirt away. Yes I laugh a lot. Things are picking up a lot with people to teach. IT is awesome. We might go to airborne for pday. I'm not sure yet. You are awesome. Thank you. Love you lots
Elder Alpin

Here are some pictures from dinner on Saturday.. :):) Oh and me and Elder Gordon. He is the one that was in his area for a year but finally he got transfered. 

Who was the best financial gooruu in the Bible?
Noah because his stock was solid while the rest of the world's was liquidated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment