Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Matt's Letter February 21, 2013

Dear Mother & Father,

Sunday was wonderful.  They give a topic for each Sunday for example, this Sunday is Repentance.  They tell all the missionaries in the branch to prepare a 3-5 minute talk about the subject.  Then on Sunday you find out if they call on you to talk.  There isn't Sunday School.  Sacrament isn't until 2-ish which is kind of weird.  Everyone in my district got here the same day and will only be here for 2 weeks so no we don't have a trainer.  We have awesome teachers though.  We are in a classroom most of the time.  I don't mind it.  So no I don't feel locked up.  There is a window.  My companion gets distracted by it a lot.  Alison has emailed me but no one else has written me.  I love the Provo Temple.  The food is good.  I'm trying not to eat too much.  At church there was like 5 districts that made up our branch.  We meet in a room, it's not a chapel.  Well I guess it is a chapel, but not a church building.  I saw Kimball today!  There is a place where we can take our clothes to be dry cleaned.  He works at the dry cleaners so hew was getting clothes to be cleaned.  today we learned how to invite people to be Baptized.  So we were supposed to leave Wednesday, Feb 27, but today they changed it so now I'm leaving the MTC Tuesday the 26th.  I can't believe my time here is almost done!  It's crazy.  Today we taught 2 of our investigators.  Just when I thought we were getting better, we had lessons like today.  It was horrible.  After teaching our 2nd person I was so upset and frustrated.  I could feel my eyes starting to tear up so I went into the bathroom stall and I cried.  It was the first time I've cried really hard since I've been here.  I'm surprised I held up this long.  It was nice.  Everyone needs a good cry.  After that my day was so much better.  Tonight we gave all the sisters in our district a blessing because a lot of them have been struggling.  I gave one of the blessings to Sister Martin.  It was so powerful.  I've never felt my priesthood be so important before.  right now all my roommates are singing a whole bunch of random songs.  It's comical.  I miss ya'll so much!  Remember to read and pray and read Preach My Gospel!  Tonight I was reading about the atonement.  I', so grateful for Christ and his love, I can't even comprehend it and wonder why we are so blessed.  Sing I Stand all Amazed (193).  That explains how I feel so much!  Love, Elder Alpin

No comments:

Post a Comment