Monday, April 28, 2014

Letter Home April 7, 2014

From: Matthew Alpin
Sent: ‎Monday‎, ‎April‎ ‎7‎, ‎2014 ‎1‎:‎08‎ ‎PM

Hola! 
Sister Stamm's cake was super good. I ate like half of it by myself. I have some pictures of it. Yeah I got all my birthday cards. 
That is so cool you guys had an investigator in your home! He sounds awesome. Do you remember me telling you about Matt Minauga? We baptized him when I was in South Jordan. He emailed me and he got his mission call. He got called to the Argentina, Cordoba mission! I am so excited for him. How cool is that?! I will probably be able to go when he receives his endowments!!
General Conference was so good!! It always goes by way too fast though! We watched the Saturday sessions at the Smith's. I love that family. Sunday Morning we ate breakfast with the Clawson's and then watched it at their house. Then Sunday afternoon we watched it at the Smith's again. I feel like the overall theme was to have courage and to endure to the end. I can't wait to get the Ensign and read all of them! I loved Dallin H. Oaks talk at priesthood. We missed like the first five minutes though. I didn't go to the conference center. We couldn't get any of our investigators to go. Did you catch the part where they told you to be reading Preach My Gospel? I hope ya'll are doing that. This week as I studied Preach My Gospel I noticed that it says that the priesthood is the power and authority to act in God's name (which I know and teach), but the rest of the sentence said for the salvation of souls, which I some how exclude when I usually teach it. I know it is something small, but it stuck out to me as I read it. Read Chapter 3 Lesson 4, the part about following the prophet. I LOVE the first paragraph! It talks about truth. That also stuck out to me this week. 
We have been teaching Kelton (a 9 year old) and his less active mom Brittney. We got tickets from the bishop for Brittney and her fellowshipper in the ward to go to the Saturday Morning session. She agreed to go. I was so scared she was going to cancel last minute and not go because she tends to do that a lot with church. But she went! They had a great experience too. 
We were walking and saw this older man mowing his lawn. You could tell he was struggling so we offered to help. I finished mowing his lawn for him while Elder Dean talked with him. He invited us inside and we taught the restoration and invited him to be baptized. He said he has read the whole Book of Mormon before and believed that Joesph Smith was a prophet. It was such a miracle to find him! 
Last Monday I got some sweet deals at the D.I. 
Love you All. Enjoy your Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment